Develop and direct strategic plans for IT Infrastructure, cyber security, and technical support. The Director manages and supports business plans, defines the strategic infrastructure roadmap, creates contingency plans, and ensures that delivery of products and services meet performance criteria based on IT metrics. Ensure the delivery of IT solutions by coordinating with managers and vendors to meet project goals and deliver outstanding support in our innovative environment. Interface and collaborate with key stakeholders, help gather their user experience, define and guide functionality, and design IT solutions which comprise our IT Program Portfolio in a dynamic, patient focused, and exciting organization.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct end point services manager in the day-to-day management of support services.
- Define, build, and support the hiring plan and team structure.
- Develop and implement security standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the enterprise
- Report security performance against established security metrics.
- Ensure and monitor security compliance with industry and government rules and regulations.
- Create and maintain an information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the trade-off between risk and return.
- Develop, implement, and direct our IT Infrastructure Roadmap and end point support program.
- Design, implement, and direct endpoint services and IT infrastructure, through technical project management, vendor selection, vendor management, technical implementation, documentation, training, support.
- Develop, formalize, and comply with IT procedures, regulatory policies and processes; Responsible for defining and ensuring compliance to methodology and process including SOX;
- Develop, implement, and direct cloud/server design, implementation, maintenance, backups, testing.
- Develop and manage contingency recovery plans and exercises to timely restoration of all operations
- Assists in overall IT Operations and other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and four years of related experience; or,
- Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Certification in one or more network operating systems
- PMP certification a plus.
- ITIL certification a plus.
- Experience in strategic information system development for research and clinical organizations.
- Typically requires a minimum of 9 years of experience managing a team or function.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience and/or combination of experience and education/training.
- At least 7 years of experience delivering projects within biopharma IT.
- Experience demonstrating application of the software development life cycle (SDLC), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), change management and capacity planning best practices.
- Experienced in multiple information technology systems and areas, including (e.g., LIMS, ERP, CRM, storage/computer/network infrastructure, security, privacy, and compliance).
- Practical experience and knowledge managing systems in a regulated environment.
- Motivating and orchestrating high performing distributed teams.
- Solutions focused critical thinking with a succeed together attitude
- Developing high quality solutions, processes, and support.
- Applies strong analytical and business communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Has extensive experience in relevant industry/profession.
- Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Develops technical and/or business solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures, and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs, projects, and/or functions.
- Determines organizational or team objectives and interprets company policies.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Has complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Has good general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.