Job Title: Head of Editorial Systems and Production (Censhare)
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: C TO
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
As part of the Argus Technology Leadership Team in our central London office, you will play a pivotal role in production and delivery of world class digital content that is at the heart of all Argus Media offerings.
The role will oversee the maintenance, improvement and operation of our primary content management system (CMS) and related systems; manage the production team in London who ensures the editorial process runs smoothly and the wide range of reports are delivered to clients on time and in excellent quality; and coordinate across other regional production teams to align best practice and strategic direction.
In this role, you will work across multiple teams of reporters and editors in London, manage technical and non-technical staff, and collaborate with and influence production teams in other bureaus around the world. Typical working hours .
● Own, manage and communicate the requirements, priorities and the roadmap of the primary content management system, Censhare
● Act as a bridge between the technical and editorial teams to ensure the technology solutions are practical and meet the needs of the business
● Plan departmental strategy and innovation with Technology Leadership
● Manage the relationships with the external vendors
● Act as the primary escalation point for business-critical issues. Ensure that issues affecting production process are reported and resolved in a timely manner
● Drive the best practice and direction of production with other regional production teams
● Manage the daily digital production pipeline including formatting, proofing, validating online formats, production of reports in InDesign, uploading and distribution of reports and data to be delivered to clients
● Oversee the Argus Media templated standards and house-styles for Publications
● Manage the internal and external teams who c reate charts, maps, data visualisations and infographics for the reports, ensure continuous develop ment of new techniques and styles to enhance editorial work
● Assist the Conferences and Marketing teams in produc ing marketing collateral for internal and external use, such as: adverts, booklets, flyers, infographics, wall maps, pop-up stands, stage sets , etc.
● Manage the team's career development, performance and training needs
● Oversee CMS training for end users
Skills and Experience
● Experience in managing small to medium sized teams
● Experience in B2B report digital publishing
● Experience in operating in matrix organizations and working across organizational boundaries
● Expertise in InDesign and associated Markup languages
● Expertise in Content Management Systems, Censhare is a plus
● Expertise in MS Office, specifically Excel, Macros, Visual Basic
● Expertise in asset and metadata management, transformation and automated distribution
● Experience in working with data infoGraphics , charts, maps as well as text
● Clarity of Communication (Precise, Succinct, Effective)
● Ability to work independently, be highly organized and meet deadlines
● Sound judgment; decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders
● Ability to communicate with editorial with a non-technical vocabulary - to use language editorial will understand when providing training in the content management system ( Censhare ) and when helping to solve user problems or when considering requests for improvements.
● Understanding of the editorial process/work flow, and a willingness to appreciate that editorial requirements drive the technical capabilities of the content management system rather than vice-versa.
● Familiarity of producing editorial content through multiple delivery channels, and the different/competing requirements of each.
● To be prepared to spend the time to build up an intimate knowledge of the Argus reports and the variations between offices, markets and product types (e.g. PDF vs Argus Direct vs Digital issues).
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world's principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
If this aligns with your next career move , we'd love to hear from you.
You have been redirected to a Argus Media job page