Careers / Business Development & Marketing, Research & Development UX Design Director, Spatial Interaction & AR/VR
We are looking for an experienced design professional who is passionate about interaction design, immersive technology and prototyping, with a portfolio to demonstrate this. You will lead major initiatives in interaction design and prototyping - notably in AR and VR - across a range of applications, transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable and intuitive user experiences that showcase the power of spatial interaction.
Working alongside user researchers, 3D designers and developers, you will define and demonstrate a new design language in the form of highly usable and delightful interfaces and immersive experiences using gesture tracking and mid-air haptics. You will be a thought leader of spatial interaction in the world of design and innovation, driving adoption and evangelising spatial interaction.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Proven interaction and UX design experience, ideally from a combination of agency and in-house design teams, working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including user research, product management and engineering to deliver meaningful and usable experiences;
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioural science discipline;
- Demonstrable expertise in designing for 3D/spatial experiences, with a hands-on approach to prototyping and co-creating;
- Demonstrable experience in creating reusable design pattern libraries;
- Demonstrable experience in creating customer facing design guidelines;
- Extensive experience of leading design projects from discovery and ideation, to concept creation, prototyping and user testing activities;
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.). You are comfortable with planning and facilitating collaborative work sessions with all levels of client organisations where appropriate;
- Proficiency with 3D design and prototyping tools such as Unity as well as Axure, Framer, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc. Experience with Unreal and Maya a plus;
- You are a strong communicator with time management and organisational skills, able to present concepts and justify design decisions;
- You have demonstrable experience of working with UX and development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented with quality and design integrity;
- You are used to deliver on time, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- The post-holder may be required to undertake such other comparable duties as is commensurate with experience and skills and which may be required by the business from time to time.
- Occasional travel both European and International may be required.
- Reporting to: VP Product
- Location: Bristol
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Type: Full-Time.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Linkedin
To apply for this role, email us with your CV by clicking the link below.
Get the latest curated news on spatial interaction and next-generation interfaces, straight to your inbox.
Our Locations UK The West Wing
Got a spare 5 minutes to help us improve our website?