Work Location: NAWCAD Patuxent River, MD
Roles & Responsibilities: Full Time position in support of NAWCAD at Patuxent River, MD.
This position will be a direct report to Dept Director, helping to shape internal and external communications as well as providing creativity for products/capability templates, tracking action items that relate to the Public Affairs aspects of the Dept.
Responsible for writing and editing, including, but not limited to articles. Papers, reports, plans, technical manuals, etc. The writing or editing experience must clearly demonstrate ability to present information commensurate with the degree of professional authority required by the assignment. This position may require documentation and system configuration management tasks including configuration control and documentation relative to technical reviews and audits.
- Provide executive level writing and editing for a variety of business communications needed in supporting AVMI and the Range Department business development efforts.
- Assist with planning, designing, developing, coordinating, documenting and maintaining graphics and technical writing support for websites, pamphlets, documents, presentations, newsletters, etc. using current presentation and business graphics software applications.
- Attend and support participation at meetings for AVMI, and the Range Department for nationally recognized professional associations such as the International Test and Evaluation Association (ITEA) and the International Telemetering Conference (ITC). Provide meeting minutes and notes IAW CDRL, Reports (CDRL A024).
- Create audio visual (AV) presentations, PowerPoint presentations, and information media kits of AVMI and the Range Department capabilities, products and services.
- Assist with the development and publication of written business communications products and material based upon emails, meeting minutes, notes and interviews.
- Provide proofreading and editorial markup of business communications documents, presentations, and AV materials and ensure correct use of DoD and industry-specific technical language.
- Create and assist with the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of web sites and SharePoint sites for communicating technical capabilities, products, services, and organizational information for AVMI and the Range Department.
Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Office environment. Work will include position will include 80% sitting, 5% reaching, 5% lifting 5% walking & 5% standing.
Working hours are 5:30am to 3:00pm or 6am-3:30pm. Possible flex working hours. Overtime maybe required.
- Bachelors Degree from accredited college or university. An additional four (4) years specialized experience can be substituted for the bachelors degree requirement.
- Must have graphics art background and should have experience being part of a Staff
- Six (6) years experience in administrative, professional, investigative, technical, or other work that required substantial subject matter knowledge based on other physical sciences or engineering field in addition to that required above. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and present the pertinent facts in written form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Share Point including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Highly skilled computer user, to include the ability to manipulate all forms of graphics including JPEGs, GIFs, TIFFs, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess a valid drivers license.
U S Citizenship required and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Interim Security clearance within 45 days of hire date and maintain clearance throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.