Senior Java Developer - 6 months - Bromley
Financial services client is looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer who will join an existing agile development team building extensive additions on state of the art, award winning platform in the liquidity area. This position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere.
- Experience as a Java developer
- Strong leadership skills - the role will be a lead designer / developer
- Previous experience working on green-field/brown-field applications; confident self-starter
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills, knowledge of functional programming is also desirable.
- Good knowledge of core Java & JEE, including Spring, Hibernate, SpringMVC, JUnit, mocking (JMock/Mokito), Acceptance Test Driven Development (Cucumber), Mulesoft
- Highly desirable: JMS, WMQ, AJAX (jQuery), Domain Driven Design. Akka, AngularJS
- Must have experience with Agile / eXtreme Programming project methodology and development teams.
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills. Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings via teleconference.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential. Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven.
- Previous experience in a financial environment (especially Treasury/payments) is preferable, although not essential
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: candidate-privacy-information-statement