Role : Design Manager
Location : Hull area
Purpose of the role
The Design Manager is a key appointment within the Engineering team. This role is to provide leadership and management to the existing design engineering team. Design engineers are responsible for supporting estimating and sales and providing detailed designs engineered to agreed budgets and to all relevant regulations and standards. Projects range from glasshouse supply and erection to full turn key projects incorporating civils, structural, process, mechanical, electrical and control systems. Working under the Head of Engineering the design manager will manage a multidisciplinary team including structural, process and mechanical teams. The role will involve working closely with managers of the electrical and controls, fabrication and operations team.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the provision of design resource to meet design programmes and engage with project stakeholders across the business.
* Report design progress and financials to Head of Engineering on a regular basis.
* Help create, implement and manage company methodology and processes and ensure that all design projects are run in accordance with new and existing systems.
* Manage multidisciplinary concept designs and costings and assist in tender and sales preparation including specification writing.
* Manage multidisciplinary engineers through detailed designs and costings and preparation of bills of materials and specification writing. Ensure all detailed designs meet technical and quality standards before issuing.
* Responsible for controlling project financials in design, taking tendered budgets and ensuring designs are developed to meet commercial requirements. Aim to increase project GM's in design whilst achieving all requirements and standards.
* Manage and assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
* Recruit team members inline with the budget, company procedures and approval processes as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum of Degree qualified within Building Services, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
* Charted Engineer with professional body registration as CIBSE or IET
* Knowledge and Understanding of structural, HVAC and electrical engineering.
* Business focused
* Experience in implementation of Quality Management Systems and processes within a deisgn environment.
To learn more about this role or to apply please e-mail or call (phone number removed) to discuss over the phone.
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)