Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.Description
The Global Editorial Director for each category works as part of a tight marketing, creative, analytics and production squad and is responsible for ideating and briefing seasonal editorial concepts and stories for digital platforms, store experiences and events. Nike is hiring editors in every global category.
Standard markers of excellence are a given: results in past jobs, intellectual curiosity, dynamic thinking. But those are just the cost of entry. You should be a self-starter and an early adopter. Be able to connect the dots between culture and commerce, and see the common ground between a brand and its consumers. Have relentless tenacity in the face of obstacles, and total integrity in the work you produce and the way you do it. As hard as you work, you keep things fun for yourself and the team.Responsibilities:
- Represent the function of editorial marketing, including articulating and evangelizing the mission of the team with marketing and cross-functional partners.
- Create and strengthen master editorial plan that delivers against category marketing and editorial plan.
- Concept and direct culturally-relevant, consumer-centric, brand editorial stories.
- Inspire creative teams through seasonal editorial concepts.
- Direct and support the Nike editorial voice in all work.
- Serve as a storytelling resource within Brand Marketing.
- Actively engage cross-functional teams including Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, Global Consumer Insights and Brand Creative to continually improve on Editorial Strategy.
- Deep interest in sport, sport culture and the lifestyle of sport.
- A natural tendency to thrive in team settings.
- Ability perceive stories and angles where others don't.
- Ability to work well on a team spread across several cities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a genuine interest in collaboration.
- Ability to toggle between daily and longer-term projects.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in editorial, content marketing, brand marketing or related creative field.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or three years additional experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated achievement of leading projects from concept to completion, applying best practices with the ability to prioritize and creatively problem-solve.
- Ability to work within constraints and stay current with changing technology.
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of editorial photography, design and video/film.
- Thorough understanding of interactive communication, processes and user interface design for online products.
- Ability to supervise, train and mentor employees, including organizing, prioritizing and managing timelines.
- Demonstrate relentlessly high standards, fostering passion, integrity and energy.
- Ability to analyze and apply data for metrics-driven results.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with a high degree of collaboration and impact.