Role: Product Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Great Yarmouth
Are you a product design engineer with a background or education in Microelectronics? Would you like to broaden your horizon and work on products built to last in harsh environments?
A thriving company seek a Product design engineer to provide expertise to internal/external development products and safeguard the implementation of new product releases.
- To design and develop both New and Existing products for customer owned/ funded and Internal R&D.
- To design and develop both PCBA and Hybrid circuit layouts for new products.
- To generate full drawing packs and associated manufacturing documents to support above.
- Take the lead role in engineering projects.
- To update drawings and associated manufacturing document packs.
- Provide product engineering support to both current and new products in manufacturing.
- To undertake recognised features of the design and development of new products.
- Improve or enhance parts of design, function or processing of existing, important products.
- To support other departments with crucial issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering Team
- Technical engagement with customers
- Technical engagement with design partners
- Occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the supplier's place of business
Product Design Engineer Experience
Education: Degree of HNC/HND Qualified.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a similar role
- Experience of microelectronics product design and development
- Experience in design of PCB and Hybrid (thick film) circuit layout
- Experience of High Temperature/Power microelectronics design and development
Clearance The successful candidate will be required to obtain Security Clearance.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.