A Manchester-based start-up is building a worlds' first diagnostic medical device for use in the 3rd world. Hoping to make a real difference on a global scale. They are at the start of their product development and require the expertise of a product design engineer to support initial product introduction and continued product development.
The offices are based in the heart of Manchester with excellent transport links to the surrounding areas.
As Product Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
* Development of complex plastic parts, prototyping and manufacture.
* Performing tolerance analysis to ensure the high-quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components.
* End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
* Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
Required Design Engineer experience:
* Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Product Designer, Development Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
* Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
* 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return, you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Discretionary company performance related bonus
Regular performance appraisals
Annual pay reviews
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Private health care
Continual formal training and development
In addition to the formal package, the company promote strong team ethics through team activities and social occasions.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy